To become a member of Community Shares/Utah, please download and complete the following documents.
After you are accepted as a member agency of Community Shares/Utah, you must agree to the following points:
- Work on a program including attending meetings and participating in program assignments.
- Attend yearly retreat and annual meeting.
- Participate in training provided by CS/U.
- Assist in campaigns including making presentations, preparing materials and attending fairs.
- Pay annual dues and submit required documentation on or before March 1.
- Pay an education fee, if assessed by the finance committee, to offset cost of educational programs.
- Full members provided a minimum of 35 volunteer hours to CS/U; associate members provide a minimum of 15 volunteer hours to CS/U, or be subject to financial penalties and suspension.
- Member agrees to comply with all CS/U requirements: the Bylaws, Policies, and Procedures.
- Non-compliance of this agreement may result in termination of membership in Community Shares/Utah.
The following are required for your CS/U Membership:
- A signed membership agreement.
- Dues: Full member $250, Associate member $125 (total) for the first 2 years; Third year and thereafter $200 or 5% of funds received the previous year (not to exceed $1000).
- A current Charitable Solicitation Permit from the State of Utah.
- A Budget for the current fiscal year.
- Brochures, Newsletters, or other written material describing the Member Agency its programs and services
- A year end financial statement if your organization is not required to submit an audit to the CFC.
- A current list of the Board of Trustees and Board Officers with Home Addresses and Phone Numbers.
- A current Annual Report, including information about the terms of office for the agency governing board officers, members and the dates, times and places of their board meetings over the past year.
The following documentation is required in the Combined Federal Campaign Application for Local Organizations and Federation Members. This includes the following; (please see CFC form for complete list)
- Description of programs, benefits etc. provided by member and how they benefit human health and welfare. Attachment “A”
- The most recent IRS 501 © (3) letter for your organization. Attachment “B’
- A Full Certified Audit if the member agency has a current budget over $100,000. Attachment “C”
- An IRS form 990 for the most recent year. Form 990 E.Z. is not Acceptable the CFC requires pages 1 and 2 of the 990 even if the IRS does not require a 990 Attachment “D”
- A 25 Word Mission Statement, which includes the percentage of agency money used for administration costs. Attachment “E”